KFOX14 - kfoxtv.com - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Three face charges in killing of Las Cruces man

By: Jesse Martinez
LAS CRUCES, N.M. - A 59-year-old man died after two people broke into his home Monday morning and stabbed him, police said.

Around 1:30 a.m., police were called to a home on the 200 block of South Reymond Street where George Curcie was suffering from a stab wound in the chest.

Police said Curcie walked to a neighbor's home and asked for help.

Curcie was airlifted and was on his way to an El Paso hospital when he had a heart attack, police said.

He was then taken to Memorial Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, police said.

Neighbors told KFOX14 that Curcie was a kind man that was often taken advantage of.  

His neighbor John Casanover said he heard an arguement then saw Curcie running for help.  

Casanover applied first aid on Curcie before paramedics arrived.  

Meanwhile, police investigation revealed that Curcie was stabbed by a man named Angel and that a blond woman was with him.

The investigation led police to the Imperial Sky Motel on West Picacho Avenue, where the man was believed to be.

Angel Sambrano, 47, was found along with Michelle Burchett, 31, and Pamela Quesada, 49, as well as a bloody knife, police said.

Police said they discovered Sambrano and Burchett broke into Curcie's residence to steal a TV.

After the stabbing, the two left with the TV, police said. Quesada drove the two to and from the residence.

Quesada drove the pair to a home on the 1700 block of Hadley Avenue, where Sambrano exchanged the TV for drugs.

Sambrano and Burchett were charged with one count each of murder, aggravated burglary with a deadly weapon, conspiracy and tampering with evidence. Quesada was charged with one count each of aggravated burglary and conspiracy to commit aggravated burglary.

The three were booked into the county jail with bail set at $1 million each.