KFOX14 - kfoxtv.com - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Update: Carbon monoxide from generator sends family to hospital

By: Jesse Martinez and Elena Arteaga
EL PASO, Texas A family of three were taken to Las Palmas after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning Friday morning.

A 7 a.m., fire crews responded to a home on the 3200 block of Sal Berroteran Drive when a family member called 911.

The caller said his wife, 15-year-old son and 14-year-old daughter had symptoms of carbon monoxide poising, officials said.

The callers family was taken to the hospital for treatment. The teens were released from the hospital and their mother is still in intensive care, officials said.

The cause of the carbon monoxide leak came from a gasoline-powered electric generator that was left on all night inside the garage. The generator, which was the homes power source, released high levels of carbon monoxide in the home, officials said.

Fire officials said the public should never use portable generators inside homes or garages even if the doors and windows are open. Generators should only be used outside away from the home, officials said.

 

advertisement