Most Shared

KFOX14 - kfoxtv.com - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Evidence in Dona Ana County home invasion could take months to process

By: Jesse Martinez
LAS CRUCES, N.M. Evidence taken from the scene of a New Years Day home invasion that left one man dead could take months to process, officials said.

As KFOX14 previously reported, Sal Garces, 25; Raymond Garces, 19; Leonard Calvillo, 25; and Nathan Avalos, 20; allegedly broke into Joseph Torrezs home on Jan. 1.

When authorities arrived, Sal Garces was found in the street and later died from his injuries.

Dona Ana County Sheriffs investigators are processing evidence that was gathered at the scene. However, investigators noted that it would take time to collect data from several pieces of key evidence.

This investigation is expected to take time, given the complexity of the situation and the number of people involved, said District Attorney Mark DAntonio. The forensic analysis alone is estimated to take at least two months to complete. In this investigation, we are completely committed to making the right judgments instead of rushed ones on how to move forward.

Details about the evidence was not given.

The district attorneys office will eventually decide whether any additional charges will be filed.

Related: 

Suspects in home invasion of Las Cruces MMA fighter formally indicted

911 call in Dona Ana County home invasion released

Local MMA fighter no longer cooperating after break-in 

Two women arrested in home invasion case 

UPDATE: MMA Fighter, victim in home invasion could face charges 

Third arrest made in Dona Ana County home invasion

 

Talkers

Advertise with us!
KFOX14 El Paso - Live Cast Watch live broadcasts of KFOX14 News seven days a week!
Advertise with us!

Washington Times