KFOX14 - kfoxtv.com - Search Results
Police officer saves elderly man from burning house
By: Krista Garvin
EL PASO, Texas- The officer saw smoke coming from the man's home on Birthstone Road on Thursday morning.
He went inside to see if anyone was home, when he found 72-year-old Billy Carter dazed and confused.
He was able to get the man out of the house safely and then re-entered the home to look for other people.
No one else was in the home at the time, and the El Paso Fire Department soon showed up at the house and put the fire out.
The fire is believed to have been caused by a faulty microwave.
Carter was treated by doctors at the scene and then returned to his home.