- Manhunt Monday: Murder suspect on the run
- Manhunt Monday: Fugitive wanted for violent assault
- Las Cruces police, state police arrest alleged Walmart armed robber
- MHM: Burglar, sex-offender escapes from half-way house
- Manhunt Monday: Ex- El Paso sheriff's deputy featured
- Police dog stabbed during incident in Las Cruces
- Las Cruces police looking for suspicious driver trying to pick up kids
- Armed robber of Payless Shoe Store sought by police
- Manhunt Monday: Man wanted for indecency with child
- Most Wanted week of August 4
- New homes burglarized
- Police searching for title loan store armed robber
New homes burglarized
Updated: Friday, August 2 2013, 08:13 PM MDT
By: Jesse Martinez
EL PASO, Texas – Police are asking for the public's help to find suspects in a string of burglaries at new homes in El Paso.
Police said the burglars are targeting refrigeration unites, major appliances and building materials.
The crimes have taken place since April, and they have occurred in finished or nearly finished homes in northeast, west and east El Paso.
Police believe the thieves park a truck or van inside the home's garage and load the vehicles with appliances.
The incidents are believed to have occurred between the late afternoon and early morning hours. Several burglaries have taken place during the weekends, police said.
The burglars may appear to be working on the construction site.
Police officials are asking the public to report any suspicious activity happening at these sites.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers of El Paso at 915-566-8477 or online at www.crimestoppersofelpaso.org