- Manhunt Monday: Murder suspect on the run
- Manhunt Monday: Fugitive wanted for violent assault
- Las Cruces police, state police arrest alleged Walmart armed robber
- MHM: Burglar, sex-offender escapes from half-way house
- Manhunt Monday: Ex- El Paso sheriff's deputy featured
- Police dog stabbed during incident in Las Cruces
- Las Cruces police looking for suspicious driver trying to pick up kids
- Armed robber of Payless Shoe Store sought by police
- Manhunt Monday: Man wanted for indecency with child
- Most Wanted week of August 4
- New homes burglarized
- Police searching for title loan store armed robber
MHM: Burglar, sex-offender escapes from half-way house
Updated: Monday, January 27 2014, 09:06 AM MST
By: Elena Arteaga
EL PASO, Texas -- Local El Paso authorities are searching for a man currently on parole for several offenses, after they said left a half-way house ten days ago.
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office said Gary Wayne Middleton, of Clarksville, Texas, left the El Paso Multi-Use Facility located on the 1700 block of Horizon. He was last seen on Jan. 17, 2014 after receiving a permit to attend a doctor's appointment.
Deputies said Middleton is currently on parole for the offense of burglary of habitation. He was also convicted of aggravated sexual assault after assaulting a 77-year-old woman at the time of the crime.
Middleton is now wanted for the parole violation, with the additional charge of sex offender duty to register impending.
Anyone with information on Middleton's whereabouts is asked to call the Crime Stoppers of El Paso at 915-566-8477.