- Blog: "Breaking Bad" creators teaming up once again, filming starting soon
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Red Thumb
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Cyber Gun
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Smartphone Crime Rings and More
- Morrissey to play in El Paso
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Awesome Tech News
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Tech You Shouldn't Buy This Year
- White House required to respond to Bieber deportation petition
- An unpaid bill leads to costly video game battle
- Tech Talk Tuesday: TVs for Super Bowl
- Tech Talk Tuesday: High Tech Office Pool
- Tour stop in El Paso for country singer Alan Jackson
- 'Hustle,' 'Gravity' lead Oscars with 10 nods each
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Is WIFI killing you?
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Sight for Sore Eyes
- Ft. Bliss: Boot camp to the stars of "Enlisted"
- Tech Talk Tuesday: New Year Resolutions
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Random Acts of Kindness
- 'Fast & Furious 7' delayed until April 2015
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Digital Privacy
- Keynote speaker for upcoming women's luncheon to be Rosario Dawson
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Digital Divide
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Christmas Lights
- UTEP: Boy band One Direction officially coming to Sun Bowl Stadium in 2014
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Black Friday
- 'Brian' killed off of 'Family Guy'
- Tech Talk Tuesday: PS4 VS XBOX One
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Raiders of the Lost iPhones
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Robots
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Halloween App
- Tech Talk Tuesday: iPad Air
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Tech-tober
- Kim Raver and William Devane Return for more time on '24: Live Another Day'
- 15% of America thinks you are digitally irrelevant!
- Masterchef Junior series premiere kicks off with world’s smallest cupcake
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Blockbuster Entertainment
- Tech Talk Tuesday: 4K Resolution replacing HD... Already???
- Game Review: 'GTA V' triples the intensity
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Apple New iPhones
- Fox Fall Preview
- Apple expected to expand selection of iPhones
- Arsenio fulfills his dream with late-night return
- 'American Idol' picks Lopez, Connick as judges
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Kevin Spacey wants to put me out of a job!
- Living Texas legend Willie Nelson set to perform in El Paso
- The Cure set to perform at Don Haskins arena
- Tech Talk Tuesday: iCloud the Darkside of Sharing
- Affleck to play Batman in 'Man of Steel' sequel
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Our tech guy's secret gaming addiction
- Sony's PlayStation 4 to launch on Nov. 15 in US
- Tech Talk Tuesday: iPhone users get new government update
- Last season opener of AMC's 'Breaking Bad' big hit
- Tech Talk Tuesday: To Cloud or not to Cloud, that is the Question!
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Wedding Bliss with tech!
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Smartphones and the evilness behind them
- Japanese animation master Miyazaki bids farewell
- Fox Fall Preview
- Tech Talk: Have a High Tech Halloween
Tech Talk Tuesday: Tech-tober
Updated: Tuesday, October 15 2013, 11:57 AM MDT
By Lonnie Valencia
The little month of big tech announcements. October has always been about Halloween and scary things. For some reason, this year, technology has made its way into the borderland. Join me in this edition of Tech Talk, as we terrify up some technology in this little scary month and maybe show you how to win some cool gear too.
One of the bigger announcements this month is the release of Android’s Kit Kat 4.4 update. It’s due anytime now! Unless you're a developer, not too many people know what to expect from this new Operating System. Educated guesses range from just minor tweaks to major overhauls. Either way, it's sure to push the next generation of Android devices to the next level.
If you're like me and have googled your way around the net, you’ve notice that there is a giveaway for a new Nexus 7 with the purchase of specially marked Kit Kat bars. The only problem with this contest is it had not made its sweet little way to El Paso. Luckily that has changed! I found some at the Super Target off the Loop in the Far East of El Paso. Good luck if you find one. Let us know if you win!
Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatches go on sale the 25th. For those moments where you want to look like Dick Tracy and talk to your hand, this tech is for you. This is one device I personally don't get. Maybe later I will understand the awesomeness behind it, but right now it just seems like its a $300 solution for just simply grabbing your phone. Please, if anyone can justify to me why I need to lay down that kind of cash for a watch let me know.
Moving on to the competition. Apple is expected to announce a new iPad mini on the 22nd. If your are familiar with Goldilocks and the Three Bears, iPhone is just too small, an iPad is way too big, but iPad mini is just the perfect size. Expect the same color scheme as the iPhone 5s and maybe a 128GB version as well.
Calling all gamers! I know the new consoles are not slated to release until next month but why wait until then? Both Xbox One and Playstation 4 are teaming up with other companies to give you a chance to win one.
Want a Playstation 4? In case you haven’t seen a commercial in the last month, head on over to Taco Bell. Order yourself a $5 Box, text your code to the number given, and you could be playing with your new PS4 before anybody else.
Xbox One is teaming up with Mtn Dew and Doritos. Right now you can buy specially marked bags or boxes to earn points to bid. The auctions don’t start until November, but you can start banking points now so you are ready to go.
That’s what is going on for Tech-tober and, if you’re like me, this month was a scary surprise of techie goodness. That does it for this episode of Tech Talk Tuesday. As always we would love your feedback/suggestions for this or our next edition, so feel free to send your comments to our resident Tech Guy Lonnie Valencia.