- Tech Talk Tuesday: Blood Moon Pictures
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Amazon taking on the world
- Letterman's departure will reshape late-night
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Standing the Test of Time
- Rolling Stone magazine recognizes The Plaza Theatre as must-see attraction
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Social Media is like Sex to your Brain
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Cutting the Cord
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Is Gaming Dead?
- Blog: "Breaking Bad" creators teaming up once again, filming starting soon
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Red Thumb
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Cyber Gun
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Smartphone Crime Rings and More
- Morrissey to play in El Paso
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Awesome Tech News
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Tech You Shouldn't Buy This Year
- White House required to respond to Bieber deportation petition
- An unpaid bill leads to costly video game battle
- Tech Talk Tuesday: TVs for Super Bowl
- Tech Talk Tuesday: High Tech Office Pool
- Tour stop in El Paso for country singer Alan Jackson
- 'Hustle,' 'Gravity' lead Oscars with 10 nods each
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Is WIFI killing you?
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Sight for Sore Eyes
- Ft. Bliss: Boot camp to the stars of "Enlisted"
- Tech Talk Tuesday: New Year Resolutions
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Random Acts of Kindness
- 'Fast & Furious 7' delayed until April 2015
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Digital Privacy
- Keynote speaker for upcoming women's luncheon to be Rosario Dawson
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Digital Divide
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Christmas Lights
- UTEP: Boy band One Direction officially coming to Sun Bowl Stadium in 2014
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Black Friday
- 'Brian' killed off of 'Family Guy'
- Tech Talk Tuesday: PS4 VS XBOX One
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Raiders of the Lost iPhones
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Robots
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Halloween App
- Tech Talk Tuesday: iPad Air
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Tech-tober
- Kim Raver and William Devane Return for more time on '24: Live Another Day'
- 15% of America thinks you are digitally irrelevant!
- Masterchef Junior series premiere kicks off with world’s smallest cupcake
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Blockbuster Entertainment
- Tech Talk Tuesday: 4K Resolution replacing HD... Already???
- Game Review: 'GTA V' triples the intensity
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Apple New iPhones
- Fox Fall Preview
- Apple expected to expand selection of iPhones
- Arsenio fulfills his dream with late-night return
- 'American Idol' picks Lopez, Connick as judges
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Kevin Spacey wants to put me out of a job!
- Living Texas legend Willie Nelson set to perform in El Paso
- The Cure set to perform at Don Haskins arena
- Tech Talk Tuesday: iCloud the Darkside of Sharing
- Affleck to play Batman in 'Man of Steel' sequel
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Our tech guy's secret gaming addiction
- Sony's PlayStation 4 to launch on Nov. 15 in US
- Tech Talk Tuesday: iPhone users get new government update
- Last season opener of AMC's 'Breaking Bad' big hit
- Tech Talk Tuesday: To Cloud or not to Cloud, that is the Question!
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Wedding Bliss with tech!
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Smartphones and the evilness behind them
- Japanese animation master Miyazaki bids farewell
- Fox Fall Preview
- Tech Talk: Have a High Tech Halloween
Tech Talk Tuesday: PS4 VS XBOX One
Updated: Tuesday, November 19 2013, 03:09 PM MST
By Lonnie Valencia
PS4 is out and Xbox One is on its way. The number one question I get asked all the time is which one am I buying? Today on Tech Talk Tuesday it’s that time again to talk about the consoles and which one will reign supreme.
Depending on which side you're on, your feelings play a big part of why you choose that side. When someone's feelings are involved, it’s hard to reason with them. If anybody understands this it was South Park on their last episode, “Black Friday.”
I love, the line, “That is exactly how Xbox One people are!”
Listen, I got to hang out during the midnight release of PS4 (to grab one for a work giveaway) and I have to say it was interesting hearing why those people were there. Most of what I heard was regurgitated advertising points, that the PS4 is a hundred bucks cheaper, that I can share games with my friends, and (the best of all) the controller is better. In my head I’m saying, “Well done advertising zombie. Well done!” Then again I’m sure when I’m in line for Xbox One later this week I will hear the same pitches but for the Xbox One.
Then it hits me. The console war isn’t won on the real merits of the console. It's all about the hype and the millions of dollars spent on advertising. So really, when a winner is crowned, it will be the marketing agency that will get to brag about how they were the deciding factor for that victory.
It’s a tricky place to be now-a-day’s if you’re a gamer. Unless you're rich and can afford both consoles, you have to pick a side. PS4 or Xbox One? Which side am I going to choose? Well, let me state for a fact that I’m no where near rich enough to get both, so yes I’m only buying one. For me, I’m going with Xbox One. I had the previous console and I was pretty much happy with it. I like Halo and I can’t get that title anywhere else. Just those two reasons, is why I’m staying with Xbox One. The whole DRM controversy, controller feeling better excuse, and graphic argument aside I have to say, “I don’t care!” Sure I want great graphics, a control that feels good in my hands, games that I can resale, but both consoles are giving that to everyone. Now it's up to how you feel about it. There’s that word again, “Feel!” No two people are going to feel the same way about a product. That, my friends, is why there will always be multiple sides to everything.
My advice to you gamers on the fence that don’t know which console to buy is go with what you like and whats “feels” good for you. Don’t let someone else tell you which console to buy.
Or you can just notch my advice up to “That is exactly how Xbox One people are!”
Which console do you like and why? What games will you be playing this Thanksgiving? Next week, I'll focus on Black Friday sales. I'll tell you which sales are worth fighting the crowds and which aren't worth leaving your Snuggie and should stay on the shelves. That does it for this episode of Tech Talk Tuesday. As always we would love your feedback/suggestions for this or our next edition, so feel free to send your comments to our resident Tech Guy Lonnie Valencia.