- Blog: "Breaking Bad" creators teaming up once again, filming starting soon
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Red Thumb
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Cyber Gun
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Smartphone Crime Rings and More
- Morrissey to play in El Paso
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Awesome Tech News
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Tech You Shouldn't Buy This Year
- White House required to respond to Bieber deportation petition
- An unpaid bill leads to costly video game battle
- Tech Talk Tuesday: TVs for Super Bowl
- Tech Talk Tuesday: High Tech Office Pool
- Tour stop in El Paso for country singer Alan Jackson
- 'Hustle,' 'Gravity' lead Oscars with 10 nods each
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Is WIFI killing you?
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Sight for Sore Eyes
- Ft. Bliss: Boot camp to the stars of "Enlisted"
- Tech Talk Tuesday: New Year Resolutions
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Random Acts of Kindness
- 'Fast & Furious 7' delayed until April 2015
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Digital Privacy
- Keynote speaker for upcoming women's luncheon to be Rosario Dawson
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Digital Divide
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Christmas Lights
- UTEP: Boy band One Direction officially coming to Sun Bowl Stadium in 2014
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Black Friday
- 'Brian' killed off of 'Family Guy'
- Tech Talk Tuesday: PS4 VS XBOX One
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Raiders of the Lost iPhones
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Robots
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Halloween App
- Tech Talk Tuesday: iPad Air
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Tech-tober
- Kim Raver and William Devane Return for more time on '24: Live Another Day'
- 15% of America thinks you are digitally irrelevant!
- Masterchef Junior series premiere kicks off with world’s smallest cupcake
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Blockbuster Entertainment
- Tech Talk Tuesday: 4K Resolution replacing HD... Already???
- Game Review: 'GTA V' triples the intensity
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Apple New iPhones
- Fox Fall Preview
- Apple expected to expand selection of iPhones
- Arsenio fulfills his dream with late-night return
- 'American Idol' picks Lopez, Connick as judges
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Kevin Spacey wants to put me out of a job!
- Living Texas legend Willie Nelson set to perform in El Paso
- The Cure set to perform at Don Haskins arena
- Tech Talk Tuesday: iCloud the Darkside of Sharing
- Affleck to play Batman in 'Man of Steel' sequel
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Our tech guy's secret gaming addiction
- Sony's PlayStation 4 to launch on Nov. 15 in US
- Tech Talk Tuesday: iPhone users get new government update
- Last season opener of AMC's 'Breaking Bad' big hit
- Tech Talk Tuesday: To Cloud or not to Cloud, that is the Question!
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Wedding Bliss with tech!
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Smartphones and the evilness behind them
- Japanese animation master Miyazaki bids farewell
- Fox Fall Preview
- Tech Talk: Have a High Tech Halloween
Tech Talk Tuesday: Our tech guy's secret gaming addiction
Updated: Wednesday, August 21 2013, 11:04 AM MDT
By Lonnie Valencia
It’s Tuesday and you know want that means! We get to geek out with the latest in technology. In this edition of Tech Talk, I talk about the apps and games that run my life. It’s just another way we can become closer as writer and reader. Oooo... Yeah! Ok.. that’s close enough! Let’s get started!
For some reason, I got a lot of feedback from my last Tech Talk asking which games I play. I wondered why the sudden interest in my personal gaming habits, as the last article was about new emergency alerts on iPhones. Then after the third or fourth email, someone pointed out the picture I used showing the settings on my phone also showed some of the games I play and they wanted to join me. So here you go world, the list of games I’m addicted to.
Like a true geek I categorize my games into four sets: games I play daily, social gaming, favorite game of indeterminate amount of time, and games I will be playing. Don’t get me wrong, I have more than just games on my iPhone. I have a ton of work apps I use too. I’m just trying not to bore you to death about how much I use “Pages” to write up these articles, so I suggest we move on.
“Daily Games,” are games I find myself working in time to play throughout the day.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out: I know what you are thinking, I work at KFOX and I’m self promoting. Well, your half right! I know where my bread is buttered! Now only if I could get some free donuts in the game that would be awesome! Joking aside, the whole Simpsons clan is here and it’s just fun to be able to rebuild Springfield the way I want it and have them do cool chores all day.
Battle Nations and Total Domination - Reborn: They both sport building cities and armies. Then you can “unleash hell,” on other real life players. In my experience I’m the one hell is unleashed on. All in all, I can’t get enough of these games.
“Social Gaming,” are games I play specifically for the interaction with friends and family.
Running with Friends Free: It’s a simple game where you outpace rampaging bulls while dodging, jumping, and sliding things in your path. You try to have the higher score than the person you verse and it’s scored by having the best out of the three turns.
BattleFriends at Sea Reloaded is another game I play in this category of gaming.
“Favorite game of indeterminate amount of time,” is the crowning game that I’m obsessed with for however long it takes me to beat it or move on.
Right now that game is only available on my iPad, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. This game was only on console systems years ago and Aspyr was able to bring it to my iPad. Now, I’m reliving the game all over again in touch screen glory. I’m going to play this role playing game like a thousand times, you have no idea!
Lastly, “Games I will be playing,” are games I want but haven’t purchased yet due to various reasons like the wife cut me off because the iTunes bill was more than our mortgage. Little things like that.
Plants VS Zombies 2: It’s at the top of my list but these other games are coming along too.
Deus Ex: The Fall - (iPad only)
BattleFriends in Tanks
Little Galaxy - coming soon
League of Evil 3
If you like any of the games I mentioned and want to play, shoot me an email and I’ll give you my handle. If there is a game you think I’m missing out on or you think I would like to play let me know. As always we would love your feedback or suggestions for our next edition, so feel free to send your comments to our resident Tech Guy Lonnie Valencia..