- Blog: "Breaking Bad" creators teaming up once again, filming starting soon
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Red Thumb
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Cyber Gun
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Smartphone Crime Rings and More
- Morrissey to play in El Paso
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Awesome Tech News
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Tech You Shouldn't Buy This Year
- White House required to respond to Bieber deportation petition
- An unpaid bill leads to costly video game battle
- Tech Talk Tuesday: TVs for Super Bowl
- Tech Talk Tuesday: High Tech Office Pool
- Tour stop in El Paso for country singer Alan Jackson
- 'Hustle,' 'Gravity' lead Oscars with 10 nods each
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Is WIFI killing you?
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Sight for Sore Eyes
- Ft. Bliss: Boot camp to the stars of "Enlisted"
- Tech Talk Tuesday: New Year Resolutions
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Random Acts of Kindness
- 'Fast & Furious 7' delayed until April 2015
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Digital Privacy
- Keynote speaker for upcoming women's luncheon to be Rosario Dawson
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Digital Divide
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Christmas Lights
- UTEP: Boy band One Direction officially coming to Sun Bowl Stadium in 2014
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Black Friday
- 'Brian' killed off of 'Family Guy'
- Tech Talk Tuesday: PS4 VS XBOX One
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Raiders of the Lost iPhones
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Robots
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Halloween App
- Tech Talk Tuesday: iPad Air
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Tech-tober
- Kim Raver and William Devane Return for more time on '24: Live Another Day'
- 15% of America thinks you are digitally irrelevant!
- Masterchef Junior series premiere kicks off with world’s smallest cupcake
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Blockbuster Entertainment
- Tech Talk Tuesday: 4K Resolution replacing HD... Already???
- Game Review: 'GTA V' triples the intensity
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Apple New iPhones
- Fox Fall Preview
- Apple expected to expand selection of iPhones
- Arsenio fulfills his dream with late-night return
- 'American Idol' picks Lopez, Connick as judges
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Kevin Spacey wants to put me out of a job!
- Living Texas legend Willie Nelson set to perform in El Paso
- The Cure set to perform at Don Haskins arena
- Tech Talk Tuesday: iCloud the Darkside of Sharing
- Affleck to play Batman in 'Man of Steel' sequel
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Our tech guy's secret gaming addiction
- Sony's PlayStation 4 to launch on Nov. 15 in US
- Tech Talk Tuesday: iPhone users get new government update
- Last season opener of AMC's 'Breaking Bad' big hit
- Tech Talk Tuesday: To Cloud or not to Cloud, that is the Question!
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Wedding Bliss with tech!
- Tech Talk Tuesday: Smartphones and the evilness behind them
- Japanese animation master Miyazaki bids farewell
- Fox Fall Preview
- Tech Talk: Have a High Tech Halloween
'American Idol' picks Lopez, Connick as judges
Updated: Tuesday, September 3 2013, 12:02 PM MDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) — "American Idol" is betting that a judges' remix with Jennifer Lopez, Harry Connick Jr. and Keith Urban will fare better with viewers than bickering divas Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj did last season.
Fox on Tuesday announced the addition of Lopez and Connick as judges for season 13. They'll join Urban to make up the talent show's first panel consisting solely of singers — like NBC's successful 2011 upstart "The Voice."
Pop star and actress Lopez will be back on "American Idol" after a two-season run as judge in 2011 and 2012 that helped the show and her career. Connick, a respected jazz singer and musician, proved adept as a mentor in several "Idol" appearances.
Urban's return was announced last month by Fox Chairman Kevin Reilly, who said the singer didn't get a chance to show his personality in his first turn as a judge. Urban appeared overwhelmed last season by the Carey-Minaj crossfire that drew complaints from some viewers.
"I think this season of 'Idol' is gonna be a blast," Urban said in a statement Tuesday. "New team, new energy and a whole new field of artists to be discovered and given a chance!"
Fox also announced that original judge Randy Jackson, who left along with Carey and Minaj, will be back in a new role as in-house mentor to the contestants.
"Idol" won viewers by discovering future stars including Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Jennifer Hudson. But recent winners haven't had similar success.
Host Ryan Seacrest said that early "Idol" auditions have cemented his belief "that a new superstar is within our sights."